Skip to main content

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans."

Peonies in  Glass,  Oil on 6"x8" Linen Panel
NFS
I hope your Autumn has been a lovely one and that winter plans are going smoothly.
As most likely it is for you, things have been busy and just when I am ready for a break something happens that puts a wrench in my plans. This time it was a strange damage to my wrist along bruising to my arm, which I am still not sure how I did it, but my thoughts are that it was all due to my raging war on the squirrels. I've been waiting to plant Rembrandt tulips, but every time I plant them, the bulbs are enjoyed instead by the squirrels. So, I purchase metal netting that was denser and stronger than chicken wire. So, I had to cut out the pieces, pull wire out in some places to form holes, so the plants would peak out of them and fold them down on the sides. I remember my hand hurting then, but I finished the job. A couple of days later, I started to feel the pain and the bruises started moving along the side of my arm. YUCK! It feels much better now and I am able to sit and paint without much pain. Arg those squirrels. :)

This wrench to my plans made me slow down and take a much needed break- a time to reflect, read, enjoy a few movies and just be. It was lovely.
I am so thankful for all your support and encouragement. You've helped made my year feel very successful.
I am starting a few paintings at $25.99 as my late "Black Friday".
Bittersweet with Chestnut,  Oil on 4"x6" Linen Panel
Click here to bid.
Hero in Black,  Oil on 4"x6" Linen Panel
SOLD

Comments

  1. Bonsoir,

    Merci pour l'ensemble de ces belles oeuvres... Très joli travail.
    Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such wonderful words and for the kind visit to my blog. I hope you will visit again. Hugs. Carolina

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, and many wonderful wishes to you and yours. XXXXXX Carolina

      Delete
  3. Your language is beautiful and your words so kind. Thank you for sharing both with me. Hugs, Carolina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Labor of Love

Sunflowers in Cobalt Blue Vase,   Oil on 5 "x7"   Linen Panel SOLD  Private Collection in San Saba, TX First, I must say that everything I paint is because I absolutely love. I don't like to paint things that I don't find to be attractive to me for one reason or another. Sometimes it's sentimental reasons and other times it's as simple as beautiful colors or the texture. Either way, it's something that I want to capture and stare at for long periods of time. I want to study it and how it affects the environment around it, as in the case of Sunflowers in Cobalt Blue Vase does. In that respect, I feel ALL my paintings are a labor of love.  More often than not, I have to create a painting, wipe it all down, and start all over again if something is just not working. Some never get completed and I just end up painting something totally different on that panel. Then there are some, that I just have to paint, no matter how much trouble they are giving

Summer Paintings

Chanel Book with Roses, 6"x8" Oil on linen Panel S OLD Private Collection in  Pearland, TX Raspberries in Blue and White Bowl, 6"x6" Oil on linen Panel Click here to bid on available paintings.  Seashell with Blue Feather, 5"x7" Oil on linen Panel S OLD Private Collection in  College Station, TX  

The Apple Tree that Could

Peonies in Glass Vase,   Oil on 5 "x7"   Linen Panel SOLD Private Collection in Lebanon, IN  Green Apple,   Oil on 6 "x6"   Linen Panel S OLD Private Collection in  NewCanaan, CT    This little painting is of an apple from an apple tree on our property. I've been babying it for about four years now. To my surprise, last year it finally gave apples. However, after a couple of days of seeing the tree with lots of apples adorning its branches, I took my daughter to see the little miracle, but ALL the apples were gone. She looked at me as though I was trying to pull her leg. This year, the tree was filled with even more apples. I hope they mature well so that I may share with my neighbor that's been admiring it.  Still Life with Chanel,   Oil on 5 "x7"   Linen Panel S OLD Private Collection in Pacifica, CA