|Still Life with Mint Julep cup, Three Tulips and Pear, Oil on 6"x6" Linen Panel|
Private Residence in Jonesboro, Arkansas
|Still Life with Three Figs, Oil on 4"x6" Linen Panel|
Click here to bid
|Still Life with Three Anjou Pears, Oil on 4"x6" Linen Panel|
It feels as though it's been years since I've picked up a paintbrush, but I've been working on other goals that I made myself before I turn 40 (this coming November). Before I turned 35 I promised myself three things:
1. Learn to paint with oils
2. Attain my alternative certification for teaching
3. Buy the house we would call home for as long as possible.
Number 2 didn't take as long as I thought. In fact, this is my 5th year of teaching. Number 3 took longer, but after two years of searching, we found it. This February will be our third year in the home we call our dream home. It sits on almost 3 1/2 acres that we enjoy every season.
I am still working on number one, but your kind visits to my blog to read about my painting journey and those of you that have chosen my artwork to add to your collections, make me feel so very honored and accomplished- Thank you!
So, I thought it was time for another three goals. Here they are, in no particular order:
1. Complete 4 portraits-a self portrait, one of my husband and one of each of my girls.
2. Get healthy. It's been years since I've felt healthy. I've been walking 2-3 miles every day since January 1 and keeping a careful watch over what I eat using a free calorie counting website- I love that it does all the math for me.
3. Take a flamenco workshop.
Come November, I hope you will visit my blog for an update on my goals. Meanwhile, I will continue to paint and post.
Have you considered any such changes for the year?
|I hadn't upholstered anything since I started teaching. It was time. This was an abandoned pretty chaise that I knew could be something gorgeous. I bought some remnant fabrics and I think it now is, although my skills have gotten a bit rusty.|