Aug 8, 2012

So, Pears and Roses are Related

 Anjou Pear, 4"x6" Oil on Linen Panel
sold
Yes, it was a big surprise to me that pears and roses were in the same family. It makes sense when I think about the beautiful and sensuous shapes of the rose hips also with other attractive attributes of both pears and roses. Well, to celebrate my new found information, I painted pears of every kind I could find on my visit to the market, accompanied by some grapes and then grapes with glorious blue cheese.
Anjou Pear No.2, 4"x6" Oil on Linen Panel
Click here to bid.
Two Bosc Pears, 5"x7" Oil on Linen Panel
sold
Blue Cheese and Grapes, 5"x6" Oil on Linen Panel
sold

2 comments:

  1. Hello

    I am a new follower of yours and joined in the drawing for one of your delicious painting on the blog French Country Cottage .
    I like the roses and the peacock feather

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very hard to leave a comment I had to try 4 times to get it FYI

    ReplyDelete