Jul 10, 2012

Right Out of the Crayon Box

Pink Roses and Turquoise Vase , 6"x6" Oil on Linen Panel
Sold
This exercise was such a delightful experience. I threw in a large box of crayons into a brown paper bag, and without seeing I pulled out three crayons for each paintings. My challenge was to find objects for a composition in the colors I had pulled. The three crayons that I pulled out were pink, turquoise, and purple, which at first did not sound like a good idea. I am definitely going to do this exercise again, specially since the treadmill is doing a good job collecting the dust.
Mango No.3, 5"x6" Oil on Linen Panel
Sold

6 comments:

  1. First visit in this lovely blogg! So beautifull pictures and art!!! I just love all this work♥
    Hugs and greetings from decoratinblogg SisustEllen from Finland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the wonderful visit and for you lovely and kind words. Please, come by again.--many hugs, Carolina E.

      Delete
  2. Nice to meet you
    Visiting your blog has been a pleasure
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Princesa. It's a pleasure to meet you, also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the challenge you tackled. These are brilliantly done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my Meg. It was so much fun, I am working on a couple more using the same concept. PS I just noticed I used the wrong "threw". I am never going to learn my proofread lesson.

      Delete