Skip to main content

Mitsuno Reedy Demonstrates for EAA: Update


Well, I am so sorry that you missed it. It was a wonderful and informative demonstration by Mitsuno Reedy. Even if pastels is not your prefered medium, there was a great deal of information and tricks of the trade for portrait artists. The photos don't do the portrait nor the model justice, both are even more beautiful in real life. That is why you should have been there :). Our next demonstrator will be Bob Palmer. He will be discussing his growing mural business. I am sure you've seen some of his work around town.


Mitsuno starts with a charcoal sketch.








Cocks Combs by Mitsuno Reedy
Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure that these are real opportunities that I am experiencing. For example this coming week Mitsuno Reedy will be doing a demonstration at the Edmond Arts Institute for the EAA. How lucky am I, right?! She will be sharing some of her techniques and process that she incorporates into her paintings.










Her genres include still lifes, landscapes and portraits. She has a gift at depicting the character beyond the figure's hues and details. Her ability to captures the gentelness in the eyes or the strength in the hands is evidence of this Osaka naive's four decades of artistic experience. She carries with her techniques that taught by Albert Handell, Daniel Greene, and David Leffel, among other distinguished artists. Her models have included historical figures and her paintings can be found in homes and buildings around the globe.
This award winning artist has had her works published included int The Best of Oil Painting, The Best of Pastels, The Best of Pastels II, and Pastel Artist International magazine.
Governor Henry by Mitsuno Reedy

I hope you will join us:
FOR: a demonstration by Mitsuno Reedy
WHEN: Monday, April 26th at 7:00PM
WHERE: Fine Arts Institute in Edmond
Everyone is invited. It is $2 for nonmembers, FREE to members.
Brenda by Mitsuno Reedy

Comments

  1. Oh I like the colors used on the flowers painting and the way she did the back ground.
    Very nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFUL
    WORK
    good
    creations

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Roses, Chickens, and Bees

My heart is filled with all your inspirational words. Thank you for the happy e-mails, the wonderful advice and sharing of resources, and your kindness and support all around.

I've found that simplifying my life can be complicated and messy at first, but I am getting into the swing of things and finding my way around raising chickens, keeping bees, organic gardening and teaching art.

During winter break, I started my coop plans--all the things coops had to have and the best way to build it so that that it would not be something my neighbors would mind seeing as they step outside their houses. I must add that I have the BEST neighbors in the world.

I bought chickens in March and by April, they were ready to be outside of the brooder I had built them. So, the coop started to go up. About three weeks (most of it during Spring break and then a couple of weekends following), half of a pinkie nail, and five hundred dollars later, my coop was finished and the chickens seemed to have made th…

Summer Slowing Down

The fig trees finally decided to give fruit... and did they ever!!! The loveliest of blues, purples and reds.... absolutely in love.

On Gold and Silver